Avocado Pasta Sauce0
Pasta dishes are one of the quickest and easiest ways to get dinner on the table, especially when you have 3 hungry kids running around! I am always looking for new ways to make pasta, since it’s one of the only foods that every member of my family enjoys eating. I also love making new ways for dinner to be healthy and filling, which is why this recipe makes me so happy! Avocado pasta, for starters, is SUPER easy to make. How much easier can it be than throwing everything in a blender and voila! It’s full of healthy fats, which will definitely keep those energetic kids nice and full until morning time! (You mean they won’t be begging for a snack right before bed?!) I can’t promise that, but I can promise that you will love this dish and want to make it often!
Avocado Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados, no brown spots
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 small/medium garlic cloves (Start with 2 and add more if wanted)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional hot sauce/red pepper flakes
- Optional parmesan cheese
- 16 oz pasta
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In your Magic Bullet, add avocados, basil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon, and pumpkin seeds to a Tall Cup and blend until nice and creamy. Add more olive oil if needed to thin out.
- Next add in your salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes if wanted.
- Once the pasta is cooked, fold in the sauce and top with parmesan cheese.
- You could also add halved tomatoes and extra basil on top.
- Eat immediately or store covered in the fridge for 1-2 days.