Black Bean and Sweet Potato Hummus Quesadillas0
Quesadillas are one of my family’s favorite dinner options. The best part? They’re easy to make! I like switching up the filling with black beans and sweet potatoes for a healthier, more filling dinner.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Hummus Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tb. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper jack cheese
- Steam your sweet potatoes until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once soft, add potatoes in a bowl along with black beans and mash lightly with a fork.
- Add mixture to Magic Bullet, along with spices, lime and olive oil.
- Puree until smooth, stopping and stirring mixture every so often. If needed, add a little water to thin out mixture.
- Add hummus to a bowl and store in the fridge for one week.
- To make a quesadilla, use corn or flour tortillas. Spread a good layer of hummus onto one side of the tortilla. Sprinkle pepper jack cheese on top and place another tortilla on top. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, serve warm with desired toppings like sour cream, avocado, and salsa!