Who doesn’t like a good tot? While potato-based tots are by far the most common, sometimes you’re in the mood for a little spin off. This recipe uses cooked broccoli, cheddar cheese and some spicy Sriracha to make a baked broccoli tot that’s not only healthy, but just as tasty as any tater tot out there!
- 1 1/2-2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- Salt & pepper
- First thing, let’s make bread crumbs! Toast 1-2 small slices of bread, break apart, and add to your Magic Bullet cup. Blend until crumbly.
- Chop broccoli and add to pot of lightly salted boiling water. Remove after two minutes.
- Add broccoli to Magic Bullet and blend until finely chopped.
- Beat egg, combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Roll mixture into cylindrical shapes and place on oiled oven pan. Bake for 9 minutes at 400 degrees, flip the tots over and bake for another 9 minutes.
That’s it! Enjoy!