Broccoli White Pizza0
The first time I tried a white pizza was with my husband at a pizza restaurant close to where we live in the city. We accidentally ordered it from the menu. Growing up, all we ever had was pizza with red sauce, so we both completely missed that this restaurant offered a few pizzas with white sauce! He was not a fan, but I loved it. My favorite topping on white pizza sauce is broccoli. They go so well together. To make white pizza sauce, you need milk, flour, butter, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. I like to sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza before it goes into the oven for extra cheesiness.
Broccoli White Pizza
1 package dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 head broccoli, chopped and slightly steamed (optional)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
White Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix the yeast with water and sugar in a large bowl, then add the salt and oil.
- Gradually add the flour and stir with a spoon until the dough is dry enough to hold in your hands and no longer sticky.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, then place in a bowl and cover with a towel. Set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Add the milk, cheese, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to a Magic Bullet cup and blend.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Add the milk mixture to the saucepan and whisk over medium heat until bubbles begin to form. Lower the heat and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out and spread onto a greased pizza pan.
- Top the dough with sauce, broccoli and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightly browned.
Makes 1 Large Pizza