Butternut Squash Pizza0
This butternut squash pizza is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes, because it is very flavorful and filling. Rosemary butternut purée is spread onto a pizza crust and then topped with caramelized onions, crumbled goat cheese and arugula. To speed things up in the kitchen, you can use a store-bought pizza crust. This recipe works well as an appetizer or main dish.
Butternut Squash Pizza Recipe
- 1 large pizza crust
- 1 butternut squash, halved
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the butternut squash halves skin-side up on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, until soft.
- Scoop out the cooked squash into a Magic Bullet cup and add the rosemary and water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the butternut squash purée onto the pizza crust.
- Top with the onions and goat cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and top with arugula.
Makes 1 12-inch pizza