Butternut Squash Quesadilla0
I have been making this butternut squash quesadilla almost daily for the past few weeks because it is just that good. Just like I do with my kiddos, I try my best to incorporate a vegetable at least 2 out of the 3 meals that we eat each day. Sometimes I don’t have the time to sit and cook a full lunch for myself, which is why I love this recipe. To make it simpler, I make a huge batch of butternut squash at the beginning of the week and prepare it so it’s ready to add to my lunch quesadilla. Saves me time and sanity.
Butternut Squash Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 c. cooked butternut squash
- ¼ tsp. each of cumin, paprika, chili powder, and pepper
- ¼-½ tsp. salt
- Tortillas and cheese for quesadilla
- Add squash and spices to the Magic Bullet blender. Blend until completely creamy. Add a few tsp. of water if needed to blend.
- To assemble your quesadilla, spread a nice layer of butternut squash on one side of the tortilla. Top with cheese and another tortilla. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tortillas are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I love cilantro, salsa, and taco sauce.