Butternut Squash Soup0
New Year, New Me, New You!
Lauren, your Magic Bullet Kitchen Magician here bringing you a HEALTHY, unreal soup made possible by none other than your Magic Bullet Blender, my friends.
Below is the recipe that goes along with the video. The Mayans were wrong so now you have NO excuse not to give it a shot! 😉
- 1 (1.5 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter and olive oil to a sauce pan on low-medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop your peeled, seeded butternut squash into roughly 1″ cubes.
- Add scallions to pan with onions, season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft.
- Add butternut squash and chicken stock to sauce pan. Turn up to medium heat until simmering and cook for about 20 minutes until squash is soft.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully remove squash with slotted spoon to bowl.
- After allowing to cool, add squash to your Magic Bullet Blender Tall Cup and blend for 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Return blended squash to sauce pan.
- Continue steps 6-7 until all squash is blended.
- Give its a good mix and you are GOOD. TO. GO.
- Optional – garnish with some finely chopped scallions to add some color contrast 😉
Alrighty – PGA Merchandise Expo next week for life job. Kids gotta scoot.
As always, sending all my love and wishing you a very Happy New Year – from my big heart in Connecticut, to all of yours!