Wow, the night of all our Halloween parties, we got hit with quite a snowstorm!
Luckily, NYC didn’t lose power, but lots of people in the tri-state area did, and some have a snow day today! On Halloween!
Anyway, today I’m sharing with you a delightfully kooky cocktail to introduce at your Halloween party.
Yeah, it’s a Monday night, drinking is a sketchy idea. But so what?! Halloween only comes once a year, and Tuesdays are already a drag…
This cocktail has a pretty gross name, but a great flavor! Here it is, the Frog in a Blender!
- 1 cup ice (the kind you buy in a bag is best, especially for parties!)
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 2 lime wheels
- Throw everything in one of your Magic Bullet party mugs, blend for about 5 seconds. The limes should be just barely broken up.
I hope you are all safe tonight, whether partying it up or trick-or-treating with the kiddos.
Stay tuned, I’m going to be reporting from the ING New York City Marathon later this week with Magic Bullet!
It’s me Chef Scott from St. Petersburg Florida!
I know it’s fall, but only because I have the Internet. If I was relying solely on my environmental surroundings I might question the season. Especially the other day! Near 90 here on the Gulf Coast with humidity topping out at around 150%.
After a long day of cheffing and driving my Super Scooter in the blazing sun, I needed to relax. I called my neighbors and asked if they felt like an adult libation. They did.
So I packed up my Magic Bullet, some chocolate (which I ALWAYS have handy) and some left over Blue Raspberry Vodka and hit the stairs…
The kids had some other ingredients and we spent the rest of the evening concocting… and becoming sweetly inebriated. Here’s our take on more Adult Themed Milkshakes. If you don’t have all of these ingredients, have no fear. I am learning with every post that the Magic Bullet can release your imagination like no other Kitchen Tool I have ever encountered.
We did 2 variations on a theme, and I present them here for your Adult Styled entertainment. Everybody loves a crazy milkshake.
- Tall Cup
- Cross Blade
- Fancy Martini Glasses (or just a tall glass of any sort)
- and a straw (cause you will slurp these down)
- White Raz….
- 2 TBS White Chocolate
- ½ C + 2 TBS Half and Half
- 1 Shot Raspberry Vodka
- 1 Shot Orange Vodka (or liqueur like Grand Marniere or Triple Sec)
- Equal Parts Ice
- Put the white chocolate and 2 TBS half and half in a microwavable dish and nuke for 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Put into the Tall Cup and add the rest of the ingredients and fill with ice. Blend until smooth (10-20 seconds)
- Serve in a Fancy Martini Glass to feel So Cosmopolitan!
- 2 TBS Dark Chocolate (chips like Ghiradelli 60% work great)
- 2 TBS Half and Half
- ½ – ¾ Cup Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 Shots Raspberry Vodka or Liqueur
- Put Dark Chocolate and half and half in a microwaveable dish and nuke for 20-30 seconds
- Put mixture into the tall cup and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth (10-20 seconds)
- Serve in a fancy martini glass or jab a straw straight into the tall cup and commence to sluppin’
Careful of the Brain Freeze! And make sure you are among friends, cause these sweeties can mess you up… and I don’t know about you, but I am uncomfortable getting naked in front of strangers. Just sayin’…
Keep Cool Kids…
until next time,
I’m sending my most drunken regards… Don’t Drink and Drive y’all,
What’s going on my little short cups of love?
Happy four day work week to many of you!
See ya later white pants and Labor Day weekend.
And a big welcome bear hug to you, September – for real now.
With this month being chock full o’ weddings, so are the Saturday mornings of kicking the day off with a bang – and what better way than a hefty helping of OJ [the juice, not the former FB star] and champagne.
Mimosa me crazy does your Kitchen Magician love them.
Below is a recipe taking your brunch staple to the next level via what else, but the Magic Bullet Blender of course!
Get ya juice. Get ya bubbly. Get ya bullets. Get goin’.
MIMOSA ME CRAZY
Magic Bullet Parts:
 Magic Bullet tall cup
 Magic Bullet flat blade
[1/2 Cup + approx. 1 Cup] orange juice, separated
[1 Cup] champagne
*optional –  fresh strawberry for garnish
– Add 1 cup of orange juice to ice cube tray and put into freezer until cubes are frozen solid
– To your tall cup add ice cubes
– Pulse approximately 5-7 times until ice breaks down a bit
– Add orange juice and champagne
– Blend for 10 seconds
– Add to a champagne to a fab champagne flute, garnish glass with strawberry, impress your guests.
o For a rowdier crew I usually pull out the big guns – aka, the plastic champagne flutes.
*Kid-Friendly Twist: Substitute champagne with Sprite or 7-Up
– Use cranberry juice instead of orange juice – delish.com/IwouldShowerInIt. This is also something we did for my friend’s bridal shower where the accent color was pink.
– Substitute orange juice ice cubes with frozen raspberries.
Now if I hear that you are depriving yourself of this bubbly glass of goodness and grace because you don’t have any celebratory brunch related items on the calendar, I am going to be very upset.
Being that these were a staple at one of my buddies apartments yesterday morning – a ten person man/laptop party, also referred to as their fantasy football draft, it is clear that everyone can make time for a mimosa.
Put the pedal to the metal and make yours.
Keep an eye out for me on Thursday – and keep that glass half full.
Until then, happy blending – from my big heart in Boston, to Yours.
You should too.
That broad from Boston – Your Magic Bullet Kitchen Magician here –
Revving up your Tuesday with a beverage appropriately called ‘ElectriciTEA’…. Because even if you are still without power, this drink is guaranteed to turn things on.
MAGIC BULLET PARTS:
[ 1 ] Magic Bullet party mug
[ 1 ] Magic Bullet comfort lip ring
[ 1 ] Magic Bullet cross blade
[ 1/2 Cup ] frozen, lemonade concentrate
[ 1/2 Cup ] sweet tea vodka, chilled
[ 1/4 Cup ] cold water
[ 1 ] small handful of ice (approx.. 5 cubes)
[ ½ teaspoon ] sugar
Optional:  slice of lemon for garnish
· Add all ingredients to party mug
· Blend for about 10 seconds
· Garnish with lemon slice inside of mug on top of frozen beverage
. I like doing that sometimes to give folks an idea of what they are
· Toss in a massive straw, and get goin
· Instead of sweet tea vodka, use blueberry vodka. Garnish with fresh blueberries. Pretty darn good.
· Add frozen raspberries.
· Substitute sweet tea vodka with chilled water
· Substitute sweet tea vodka with frozen orange juice concentrate for a citrusy frozen bev
· Regardless of the fact that it is only a half of a teaspoon, you could leave out the additional sugar to prevent potential mass chaos
The Tuesday after Labor Day weekend is the day I walk into work reeking of polish sausage, regardless of how many times I shower.
And I can already smell the kielbasa smoke billowing into my bedroom from my next door neighbor’s grill ….
which means this weekend is QUICKLY creeping up on us ….. and summer is slowly slipping away….
Now is the time to get those frozen drinks out of our systems.
Be brave – try it out – mix it up – trust ya gut – demolish.
Keep an eye out for my next video – coming your way – the right way – this Thursday.
In the meantime, Happy Blending my little citrusy bundles of love – from my big heart in Boston – to Yours.
Xox – Lauren
Happy Friday!! I’m so happy this week is over. To be honest, it was kind of a breeze, but I have SO MUCH work next week, that I’m going to suck up every ounce of free time that I can, and, well, maybe a few cocktails 🙂
So, to conclude this week, I’m leaving you guys with a refreshing cucumber beveRAGE!
Girls, fire up your Bullet, it’s time to go on a BLENDER!! Hope you have the lawn chairs set up and your phone on silent! This one is for you and your besties.
Introducing, the Cucumber Kiwi Cocktail!
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- 1 whole kiwi, chopped into slices
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cubes of ice
- 1.5 ounces cucumber-infused vodka (recipe follows, but regular ol’ vodka works just as well)
Throw everything in that first list into your tall Bullet cup and blend with your cross blade, baby! Come on now, it’s Friday, I don’t want to give you too much work! You can also, if you wish, strain this mixture into a glass for a cleaner beverage, (hint: use the shaker top) but I sort of like the pulp 🙂
Now if you’re feeling super fancy, and I often am, rim your glasses by dipping it into some lemon juice and then a mixture of 1:1 salt/sugar. Garnish with a slice of that cuke!
If you’re feeling adventurous enough to make the cucumber-infused vodka, it’s so easy!!
Take a 750ml bottle of your favorite vodka, slice up thin slices of English cucumber. I prefer this variety for the infusing part, because the taste is a bit more crisp and it will take less time to add flavor, but I would suggest regular ol’ cukes for the beverage itself. Anyway, add these slices into the bottle, it will take about 15 minutes to chop and insert the whole cuke, but is therapeutic, and as you can see, looks lovely when it’s done! I suggest letting it sit about three days, but honestly, a couple hours will probably do you just right.
Obviously, this is a party portion, so if you have a smaller bottle, just use less cucumber.
I wish you all a safe and fun weekend. I’ll see you next week with a new ingredient…..hmmm I wonder what it is!
Are you ready for the weekend? Me too!
Tonight I’m attending a really posh tiki bar party in Greenwich Village, and will be drinking inspiring Hawaiin-themed cocktails in a room full of exotic birds!!
I want you to come with me in spirit, so I’m sending along a WONDERFUL watermelon cocktail with which to start your weekend! Here ya go!!
- 1 cups watermelon flesh, seeds removed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 ounce melon liqueur
- twists lemon zest, garnish
In your Magic Bullet, puree the watermelon flesh. Pour the pureed watermelon into empty ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Take this time to do something special for yourself, maybe a pedicure for the bare feet you’ll be displaying while drinking this cocktail…
Later, in your Bullet, combine the frozen watermelon cubes, simple syrup, lemon juice, vodka, and melon liqueur; blend for about 7 seconds.
Screw on your comfort lid put on a lei, and listen to some Jimmy Buffet.
Have a safe weekend, ladies!