Crêpes are one of my favorite breakfast foods, but they also make a great dessert! You can fill them with pretty much anything, including different jams and fruits. You can make them sweet or savory, but I prefer my crêpes sweet! The first time I tried chocolate crêpes, I knew I loved them more than any other one I had had before. These double chocolate crêpes are filled with chocolate hazelnut spread and chopped strawberries.
Are you having these for breakfast, dessert, or both?
Double Chocolate Crêpes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Powdered sugar
- Add all ingredients except for the butter to a Magic Bullet blender and pulse a few times until the batter is well blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and swirl the end of a stick of butter over the top until coated.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet and immediately lift and rotate, swirling the batter around the pan until it stops swirling.
- Cook until the edges begin to get crispy and lift off of the pan, then carefully peel and flip to the other side.
- Repeat for the remaining crêpes.
- Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over each crêpe and fill with chopped strawberries, then roll up.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Makes 6 crêpes
Whenever I go out for Thai food, I always order a Thai salad to start. I love the mix of crunchy, fresh cucumbers with flavorful sliced tomatoes and carrots, lathered in a delicious peanut sauce dressing. The addition of peanuts to the dressing gives it a crunchy texture. The dressing is my favorite thing about this salad. Don’t be shy, the more the better!
Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 4 cups mixed herb salad
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tomato, halved and sliced
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small Magic Bullet cup and pulse a few times until blended.
- Toss the salad ingredients together, then drizzle the dressing over the top.
I love adding fresh fruit to my smoothies, but I also love the texture of frozen fruit. This recipe uses both. By adding freshly chopped pineapple to frozen strawberries, not only do you get a refreshing texture, but you also get that fresh pineapple taste. This smoothie is a little on the tangy side, so if you like it a bit sweeter, feel free to add more honey to sweeten things up. Add a slice of fresh pineapple on the side of each glass just before serving to give it a tropical touch. Now, where is my straw hat, bathing suit and beach towel?
Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup freshly chopped pineapple cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and blend well!
Makes 2 smoothies
These no bake cocoa almond butter bites are the perfect healthy snack food. They contain a good amount of protein from the almond butter, fiber from the oats and antioxidants from the cocoa. Feel good about snacking by making your own no bake cocoa almond butter bites at home. Let the Magic Bullet mix up the ingredients and then form the batter into balls. Let them chill for 30 minutes and you have a batch of healthy no bake bites for the week!
No Bake Cocoa Almond Butter Bites
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and pulse a few times until walnuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place the cup in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a spoon to scoop out of the cup and roll 1-inch balls between your palms. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until hardened.
- Serve chilled.
Makes 12 balls
Make this delicious smoothie tonight with your significant other, with your family, or by yourself for one happy Valentine’s Day. (If you’re by yourself, add a little champagne and cheers
Valentine’s Day Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 raw or steamed beet
- 1/2 banana
- 1 dollop all natural vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp raw, organic honey
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Blend well in your Magic Bullet and garnish with a sprig of mint.
The first time I tried this creamy corn soup was during a foodie conference last summer at a 4-star restaurant in Carmel. I have never tried corn soup before and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. This is my attempt to recreate that delicious creamy corn soup, since it has become one of my top five favorite soup recipes of all time! And, as we know, wintertime is the best time to make homemade soup. It’ll warm you up on those chilly winter nights, but you can also enjoy it cold if you prefer!
Creamy Corn Soup
- 2 cups corn
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- Tomatoes and cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and celery and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, potato, pepper and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a Magic Bullet pitcher and pulse until you get a creamy consistency.
- Pour back into pot and heat up if needed.
- Stir in cream and serve warm or cold. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
Makes 6 cups
I know what you’re thinking, chocolate avocado truffles?! It may sound strange, but these chocolate avocado truffles with blow your mind! They’re incredibly creamy and delicious and have a rich chocolate flavor. In addition, they are actually healthy for you! Go ahead, whip up a batch of these and try for yourself – then see if your friends can tell what the “secret ingredient” is in these yummy, chocolately truffles.
Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado into a small Magic Bullet cup.
- Add the cocoa powder and honey and blend together until creamy.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl, then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate chips and repeat until melted. Do not heat longer than 30 seconds at a time!
- Add the melted chocolate to the avocado mixture and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1.5 hours.
- Add the chocolate sprinkles to a shallow bowl.
- Use a spoon to scoop out 1-inch balls, then roll between your hands.
- Roll each ball in the sprinkles until coated, then place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 8 truffles
It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday!
Get your party started with this incredibly easy guac’ recipe that’s sure to please. Don’t have a party to go to? Make it for yourself and enjoy it all the more!
Super Bowl Sunday Guacamole!
- 5 avocados, peeled and deseeded
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro,
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to your Magic Bullet pitcher (or half the recipe and make two batches) and pulse until you reach your designed consistency.
A fruit smoothie can make or break your day. Usually, when you make a fruit smoothie, though, you pack your cup with high-sugar fruit, yogurt, some highly-processed version of fruit juice, people even add sugar or a sugar substitute! Don’t let this be you – if you’re making a fruit smoothie, make a real, delicious, healthy fruit smoothie that won’t leave you feeling heavy and bloated.
I’m talking Fresh. Green. I’m talking delicious, low sugar fruit that’s still sweet, with some fresh greens in there that you won’t even taste. Don’t believe this can actually taste good, too? Give it a try.
Fresh and Green
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 chunks cucumber
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 large mango, diced
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut water
Add ingredients to your Magic Bullet cup and blend until smooth.
Yes, you read that correctly. These are personal, mini-sized strawberry cheesecakes. And they’re also no-bake, which means, aside from being delicious, they’re also quick AND easy to make! They are portion-controlled, so each person can have their own dessert without feeling sick afterward from over-indulging. Glass desserts are fun to serve at parties and are especially easy to make ahead of time. Chill them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve!
Mini No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 4 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Strawberries and whipped cream for topping
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar to a Magic Bullet cup.
- Blend well.
- Crush the graham crackers to form crumbs, then divide between four mini dessert glasses.
- Top with cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and strawberries.
Makes 4 glasses