Chase away the chills with this tantalizing coffee treat.
- fresh hot coffee
- 3-4 tbsp chocolate syrup or cocoa powder
- 1-2 peppermint candies
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional)
- Grind your own dark roasted beans using the Flat Blade. The finer the grind, the stronger the coffee, so blend into a coarse sand texture for lighter brews or a fine powder for strong coffee.
- Brew a pot of coffee.
- Fill ¼ of the Tall Cup with milk and the peppermint candy. Blend with the Cross Blade for 7 seconds.
- Microwave the milk on high for 35-45 seconds. Stop before the milk hits the top of the cup so it doesn’t foam over.
- Open the cup and add the chocolate syrup, then fill the Tall Cup just about to the top with coffee and Pulse 3 to 4 times.
Cheese is my favorite kind of party appetizer. It is so versatile and pairs well with many different snacks! To this fancy little cheese ball, I just added a few dried figs, a little light cream cheese and walnuts to some gorgonzola and created a flavorful cheese spread. Planning on hosting a wine and cheese night? Put out this fig and walnut Gorgonzola cheese ball with some crackers and your guests will love you!
Fig and Walnut Gorgonzola Ball
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried figs, quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp Gorgonzola cheese
- Add all ingredients to a small Magic Bullet cup with flat blade attachment and pulse a few times until well blended.
Makes ~ 3/4 cup
If you are looking for a quick, healthy dinner idea, look no further! Make the perfect crust with your Magic Bullet by adding in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs and spices. Dip the fish in a lemony egg wash and then in the bread crumbs before baking in the oven until nice and crispy. No oil needed for this low-fat meal! Sprinkle with parsley for flavor and decoration. Serve with vegetables and wild rice or potatoes for a complete meal.
Baked Breaded Dover Sole
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Dover Sole fillets
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add bread crumbs, spices and Parmesan cheese in your small Magic Bullet cup and pulse with the flat-blade attachment a few times.
- Transfer the bread crumb mixture to a plate.
- Add egg and lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Dip the fillets one at a time into the egg wash and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until crispy.
Makes 4 fillets
I used to hate carrot juice as a kid. Recently, I discovered this mango carrot smoothie, which doesn’t taste anything like carrot juice! It’s so good and good for you! I usually add yogurt or milk to my smoothies, but no dairy is needed for this one – just orange juice, water, banana, carrots, and frozen mango. This smoothie is packed with vitamin A and C, and will give you the nutritious energy you need to start your day.
Mango Carrot Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 carrot, peeled
- Add all ingredients to Magic Bullet blender cup and pulse until well blended.
Makes 2 cups
One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is a slice of bread with cocoa almond spread. Recently, I discovered how easy it is to make it from scratch at home with a Magic Bullet. You just need some roasted almonds, cocoa powder, sugar, honey, canola/coconut oil and your trusty Magic Bullet. The almonds take a while to break down into a creamy consistency (about 15 minutes of pulsing the blender and stirring for me!) But it is sooo worth it in the end! You can make it as sweet as you want by adding honey or granulated sugar. This delicious spread is full of healthy fats and protein and makes a great snack. Try it with bread or apple slices!
Cocoa Almond Spread
- 1 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- Add almonds and cocoa powder to your Magic Bullet with the flat blade attachment.
- Pulse several times, then add sugar and honey.
- Pulse a few more times, then add the oil.
- Alternate between pulsing and stirring the almond spread around until you get a creamy consistency (this could take up to 15 minutes).
Makes ~1 cup
Now that fall is here, strawberries are going out of season. Strawberries are my FAVORITE fruit, so I am sad to see the organic strawberries start to go in the grocery stores. One of my favorite healthy strawberry recipes is a strawberry spinach salad with orange balsamic vinegar dressing. This dressing is super easy to make at home with your Magic Bullet and it goes so well with this salad. Who said spinach can’t be delicious? This spinach salad is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, keeping you energized and healthy.
Orange Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp basalmic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small Magic Bullet cup and pulse a few times.
- Serve over spinach tossed with sliced strawberries, or desired salad.
The season of indulgence is upon us! From gravy boats to pumpkin pies, ’tis the season of great eats! But that doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen slaving away at luscious meals and decadent desserts. With the Magic Bullet, all you need is 10 seconds or less and you’ve got beautiful, tasty desserts and more!
Try this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Mousse and let us know how you like it!
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs. chocolate syrup
Aren’t you excited fall is here?! Yesterday I went to the grocery store and found PUMPKINS! When pumpkins hit the grocery stores, fall is official. Let the pumpkin treats begin! Here is my first one for you – Spiced Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. These moist pumpkin muffins are spiced with cinnamon and ginger. I added chocolate chips and walnuts, but you can add other nuts or just enjoy them plain. They aren’t too sweet, so they go great with morning coffee or afternoon tea. Warning: these are highly addicting!!!
What is your fall bucket list? Here is mine:
1) Buy some cute new boots … and sweaters … and jeans … and scarves!
2) Experiment with baking and cooking new pumpkin recipes until I never want to hear the word “pumpkin” again
3) Pumpkin patch & carving (I haven’t done that since I was little!)
4) Go for a Fall hike
Spiced Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 can organic pumpkin (or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all-spice (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, sour cream, sugars, and butter to a Magic Bullet pitcher and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to the pumpkin batter a little at a time, then add the milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Makes 16 muffins
Can you smell the pumpkin in the air? This holiday smoothie makes for a nice, decadent dessert with all natural, whole ingredients and nutrients to boost! Enjoy it instead of that slice of sugar and fat-laden pumpkin pie and feel good about your holiday diet.
Pumpkin Bumpkin Dessert Smoothie
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup organic, canned pumpkin puree (if fresh pumpkin is not available)
- 1 tbsp. pecans
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 2 dates
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more, if you prefer)
Add all ingredients to your Magic Bullet cup and blend until smooth.
I was recently at a wedding where a friend, who is a Bar Rescue enthusiast, showed off his bartending skills and made me some great gin gimlets. I thought I would try my hand at a version of it with this Cucumber Mint Gimlet recipe since I usually have all of these ingredients in rotation in my kitchen.
Quick and easy to make on a weekend afternoon or even after work. Or both.
Cucumber Mint Gimlet
- 6 English cucumbers
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 8 sprigs of mint
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of gin
- Wash and cut up your cucumbers. Blend them in your Magic Bullet. Pour the pulpy cucumber juice through a sieve into a pitcher.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar, mint and sugar in a jar and muddle until well incorporated.
- Add your gin, muddled mixture, and cucumber juice all together and mix well.
- Pour into a chilled glass and add a sprig of mint and a slice of lemon for some aromatics.
Now sip away while watching your fave episode of Bar Rescue!