Crêpes are one of my favorite breakfast foods, but they also make a great dessert! You can fill them with pretty much anything, including different jams and fruits. You can make them sweet or savory, but I prefer my crêpes sweet! The first time I tried chocolate crêpes, I knew I loved them more than any other one I had had before. These double chocolate crêpes are filled with chocolate hazelnut spread and chopped strawberries.
Are you having these for breakfast, dessert, or both?
Double Chocolate Crêpes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Powdered sugar
- Add all ingredients except for the butter to a Magic Bullet blender and pulse a few times until the batter is well blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and swirl the end of a stick of butter over the top until coated.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet and immediately lift and rotate, swirling the batter around the pan until it stops swirling.
- Cook until the edges begin to get crispy and lift off of the pan, then carefully peel and flip to the other side.
- Repeat for the remaining crêpes.
- Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over each crêpe and fill with chopped strawberries, then roll up.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Makes 6 crêpes
These no bake cocoa almond butter bites are the perfect healthy snack food. They contain a good amount of protein from the almond butter, fiber from the oats and antioxidants from the cocoa. Feel good about snacking by making your own no bake cocoa almond butter bites at home. Let the Magic Bullet mix up the ingredients and then form the batter into balls. Let them chill for 30 minutes and you have a batch of healthy no bake bites for the week!
No Bake Cocoa Almond Butter Bites
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and pulse a few times until walnuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place the cup in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a spoon to scoop out of the cup and roll 1-inch balls between your palms. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until hardened.
- Serve chilled.
Makes 12 balls
I know what you’re thinking, chocolate avocado truffles?! It may sound strange, but these chocolate avocado truffles with blow your mind! They’re incredibly creamy and delicious and have a rich chocolate flavor. In addition, they are actually healthy for you! Go ahead, whip up a batch of these and try for yourself – then see if your friends can tell what the “secret ingredient” is in these yummy, chocolately truffles.
Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado into a small Magic Bullet cup.
- Add the cocoa powder and honey and blend together until creamy.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl, then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate chips and repeat until melted. Do not heat longer than 30 seconds at a time!
- Add the melted chocolate to the avocado mixture and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1.5 hours.
- Add the chocolate sprinkles to a shallow bowl.
- Use a spoon to scoop out 1-inch balls, then roll between your hands.
- Roll each ball in the sprinkles until coated, then place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 8 truffles
Yes, you read that correctly. These are personal, mini-sized strawberry cheesecakes. And they’re also no-bake, which means, aside from being delicious, they’re also quick AND easy to make! They are portion-controlled, so each person can have their own dessert without feeling sick afterward from over-indulging. Glass desserts are fun to serve at parties and are especially easy to make ahead of time. Chill them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve!
Mini No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 4 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Strawberries and whipped cream for topping
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar to a Magic Bullet cup.
- Blend well.
- Crush the graham crackers to form crumbs, then divide between four mini dessert glasses.
- Top with cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and strawberries.
Makes 4 glasses
Got a recipe that calls for powdered sugar? Don’t sweat it! If you’ve got regular sugar and a Magic Bullet in your cupboard, then you’ve got powdered sugar, too!
Seriously, this trick will help you make decadent cakes, glazes and frosting and beautify your latest baking creations with a simple sift.
Simply take a cup of sugar and pour it into your Magic Bullet cup. Attach the flat blade and let the Magic Bullet run until your sugar reaches a powdery consistency.
That’s all it takes! In just seconds, you’ve got beautiful powdered sugar – without the hassle of running to the store last minute!
I have a confession to make. I love sweets for breakfast! I know I should be eating a bowl of fruit and some oatmeal in the mornings, but I can’t resist a pastry of muffin with my coffee to start my day. It’s such a bad habit, I know!
But, that being said, one of my favorite homemade muffin recipes is this double chocolate banana muffin recipe. My mom gave me these large muffin pans and I love making big muffins that I can pack in my bag before heading to work. I snack on it throughout the day – yum!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup and 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet pitcher and pulse a few times.
- Use a spatula to scrap the sides in-between pulses.
- Continue to blend until all ingredients are mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then transfer the batter into a greased regular-sized or large muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Delicious cheesecake has never been easier. In seconds, you can prepare the fluffiest, creamiest cheesecake to ever touch a fork!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 graham cracker crust
The holidays wouldn’t be complete without eggnog in the fridge! Once I see eggnog in the grocery store, I know Christmas is just around the corner. As an avid coffee lover, I’m always looking for fun new coffee recipes to try. I recently discovered this blended eggnog frapp, which is so delicious and so easy to make. Just add coffee, eggnog, ice and sugar to a Magic Bullet cup and blend. Don’t forget to sprinkle some nutmeg on top for a final touch of yum! Do you have a favorite eggnog recipe?
- 1/2 cup coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Sugar, if desired
- Whipped topping
- Pinch nutmeg for garnish
- Prepare fresh coffee, then let it cool to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients except the nutmeg and whipped topping to a Magic Bullet cup and blend.
- Top with whipped cream and nutmeg.
Makes 1 cup
You don’t need an ice cream maker to whip up a quick sorbet dessert. I used fresh blueberries, lemon juice and a pinch of sugar to blend up this blueberry sorbet dessert in my Magic Bullet. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, so this is not only a guilt-free dessert, but a healthy dessert, too! I used to love to eat a bowl of ice cream for dessert after my dinner almost every night, but over the last few years, I learned how to create healthier, but still satisfying, desserts using fruit. Top with a small dollop of whipped cream just before serving.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and pulse several times until you have an even consistency.
Makes 1 serving
One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is a slice of bread with cocoa almond spread. Recently, I discovered how easy it is to make it from scratch at home with a Magic Bullet. You just need some roasted almonds, cocoa powder, sugar, honey, canola/coconut oil and your trusty Magic Bullet. The almonds take a while to break down into a creamy consistency (about 15 minutes of pulsing the blender and stirring for me!) But it is sooo worth it in the end! You can make it as sweet as you want by adding honey or granulated sugar. This delicious spread is full of healthy fats and protein and makes a great snack. Try it with bread or apple slices!
Cocoa Almond Spread
- 1 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- Add almonds and cocoa powder to your Magic Bullet with the flat blade attachment.
- Pulse several times, then add sugar and honey.
- Pulse a few more times, then add the oil.
- Alternate between pulsing and stirring the almond spread around until you get a creamy consistency (this could take up to 15 minutes).
Makes ~1 cup