Who hasn’t gone to their local carnival and been excited to pick up some shaved ice? It’s one of those memories that everyone shares a variation of. Now, with help from the Magic Bullet, you’ll be able to relive that delicious nostalgia in your own kitchen!
While traditional shaved ice recipes call for a fruity syrup to be drizzled over the top of your ice, I prefer a more natural sweetness like maple syrup. It doesn’t take a lot to sweeten the whole cup, and the natural spices provide the perfect compliment to the chilly ice.
Maple Shaved Ice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Blend your ice cubes in the Magic Bullet, and then drizzle the maple syrup over top. It’s so simple!
- It only takes about ninety seconds to feel like a kid again!
This moist, spiced raisin carrot bread loaf is made with whole wheat flour and tastes just like carrot cake (even though it is much healthier!). The Magic Bullet does all the work by blending all of the ingredients together, leaving the carrots and raisins to stir in last before popping it into the oven. While it is baking, this carrot loaf makes your home smell amazing. Bake as a gift for a friend, or enjoy it all yourself (we won’t tell). It is good enough to eat alone, but you can also spread cinnamon cream cheese, butter or applesauce on top for extra yumminess.
Whole Wheat Raisin Carrot Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients, except for the carrots and raisins, to your Tall Cup and blend.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Makes 1 9x5x3 inch loaf
Ice cream is so much better when it’s homemade. You have more control over the ingredients, portions and flavor proportions, not to mention the rewarding satisfaction of a job well done! This recipe combines banana and cocoa powder for a light and delicious ice cream you’ll be making after every meal.
- 1 1/2 Bananas
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp cream
1) Chop bananas and freeze for at least two to three hours.
2) Combine frozen bananas with cocoa powder, vanilla and cream in Magic Bullet and blend.
Meet your new favorite dessert!
During the summer all my family wants are ice cold treats, especially ice cream! It’s easy to buy your favorite ice cream and stock up your freezer for when a craving calls! But, as a mom of 3 active girls, sometimes the summer days can be long and there is always an activity needed to be done. Making ice cream has become one of our favorite things to do together! We can use whatever ingredients we have on hand, and we have fun coming up with flavors! I also don’t feel bad because I know the ingredients we use are wholesome and not over-processed! I definitely win at being a mom during those times 😉
- 2 cans coconut milk (full fat or light)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips, or regular chopped dark chocolate
- Using your Magic Bullet, add coconut milk, syrup, and ½ cup of the chocolate into the larger cup. (If using the smaller sizes just divide the ingredients and blend.)
- Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add your chocolate chips to the mixture, and pour the mix into an ice cream machine. Make ice cream based on your machines directions. You can get a great ice cream machine for under $30 right here.
- Eat immediately after ice cream is done, or let is set in the freezer. If it’s frozen solid, which is will, let it sit out for 10-15 minutes and it will be ready to eat and scoop!
If you like sweet potatoes, you’re in for a treat, my friend!
These lovely sweet potatoes are baked twice. Why? First to cook the filling, which is then blended together with milk, butter, and spices in the Magic Bullet and then stuffed back into the sweet potato shell and baked again. Oh, and don’t forget the sweet pecan topping, which bakes to perfection during the second baking session. I would almost consider these twice-baked sweet potatoes a dessert, but they also make a healthy side dish to almost any meal you can have.
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Handful chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a fork easily pierces through.
- Cool to touch, then slice off the top third of each potato and scoop out most of the filling (leaving some to keep the shell stable) into your Magic Bullet cup.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, butter, and milk and blend.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato shells and sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 more minutes.
Makes 2 sweet potatoes.
Strawberry sorbet screams summertime, but you can actually enjoy this healthy dessert all year long! All you need are frozen strawberries and your handy Magic Bullet to make it all happen.
Best of all, you don’t even need an ice cream maker! By pulsing slightly defrosted frozen strawberries in your Magic Bullet, you get the same slushy sorbet texture you would get if you used an ice cream maker, and the results are so much faster! The splash of balsamic vinegar adds a unique flavor that will keep your friends asking for more. For a finished look, you can drizzle homemade or store-bought sweet balsamic reduction syrup over the top.
Are you excited, or are you excited?
Balsamic Strawberry Sorbet
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic reduction (homemade or store-bought) for topping
- Add the strawberries to your Magic Bullet cup and let stand 15 minutes, until they are slightly defrosted, but still frozen.
- Add the orange juice and balsamic vinegar and pulse several times until a sorbet is formed.
- Transfer to serving dishes and immediately drizzle the balsamic reduction syrup over the top.
Makes 1 cup.
Calling all peanut butter lovers! You are going to swoon over this fluffy peanut butter mousse. Especially because it’s actually healthy. No heavy whipping cream is used in this recipe; instead it uses silken tofu, an unexpected, but absolutely delicious replacement for fattening and sweetened cream! The tofu gives it a fluffy texture, while the peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar give it all the flavor. Watch out though, because this vegan dessert is highly addicting. Once you have a bite, you won’t be able to stop eating it!
To make it completely vegan, instead of whipped cream on top, you can use coconut cream, which is easily made using your Magic Bullet.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 12oz package silken or firm tofu, chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Add all ingredients to your Magic Bullet cup and blend until smooth and creamy.
Makes 2 cups.
Multiple times I day I crave a little something sweet, and, now that summer’s here, popsicles are a must have! Sadly, store-bought popsicles are packed full of sugar, a no-no if you’ve got 3 rambunctious little ones running around — or even just one, for that matter! But, luckily, it’s so easy to make your own, and the prep is little to none. Before you know it, you will have a sweet, refreshing, cold treat perfect for satisfying those cravings!
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3-4 large strawberries
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 packets of stevia, to taste
- In your Magic Bullet, add all of your ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and place a popsicle stick in each cube.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, and enjoy when frozen!
Dessert or appetizer dip? You decide! This chocolate chip cookie dough dip is secretly healthy, although nobody would know unless you told them the secret ingredient: white beans! Yes, the base of the dip is white kidney beans. But I promise — you don’t taste them at all once they’re blended with all of the other ingredients, which helps create a delicious and strong cookie dough flavor.
My favorite thing to eat this cookie dough dip with is graham crackers, but I’m sure you can think of a lot of other things it would go great with! Last time I made it, I ate the whole batch myself. It’s very addicting!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a Magic Bullet cup and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkle on top.
Makes 1 cup.
I’ve been making this pudding for years, it’s definitely one of my favorite recipes! The best thing about this pudding is the surprise ingredient, avocado! It not only adds a richness and creaminess to this pudding, but it also provides a great serving of healthy fats. And, surprisingly, it’s one of those recipes everyone loves. All 3 of my kids can be extremely picky with their food choices; sometimes, it seems like they would be just fine living off of ice cream and cookies! Well, wouldn’t we all?! Luckily, my kids enjoy this pudding like nobody’s business. I love making it and giving them a little extra goodness to fill their bellies up! 😉
Lusciously Sweet Chocolate Pudding
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup, adjust sweetener to taste
- 1/8 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- ¼ cup water, or milk (more to thin)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mash your avocado well, and then stir in the cacao powder.
- In your Magic Bullet blender, add your milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, peanut butter, and avocado mixture.
- Blend until creamy, stopping occasionally to stir, because the mixture will be thick. Add a few more tablespoons of milk to thin out, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.