There is something about this warming weather that has me craving cold, citrus drinks. The other day my coworker brought in an orange smoothie from Jamba Juice, and it inspired me to make this mandarin smoothie from scratch at home with my Magic Bullet. This mandarin smoothie is incredibly refreshing, and made with simple, delicious ingredients. It is important to freeze the mandarin slices ahead of time, which will make this smoothie slushy after you blend all of the ingredients together. All you need to make this mandarin smoothie is a cup of mandarin slices (already frozen), crushed ice, and your choice of milk (regular, almond, coconut, etc.).
Mandarin Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup mandarin slices, frozen
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup milk (regular, almond, or coconut)
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and blend until smooth.
Makes 1 smoothie
Sometimes you need to start your morning off with a boost. Combining blueberries with spinach and other tasty ingredients, this green and blue smoothie does just that! It’s easy and healthy, and will satisfy even the most difficult to please of morning bellies.
Blue and Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup spinach
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. agave
- Handful of almonds
- Combine all ingredients in Magic Bullet and blend. That’s it!
A surefire way to cure that morning sluggishness!
Sometimes you just need to get yourself out of the house in the morning. This banana protein shake is simple, quick and tasty, and guaranteed to get your day started off on the right foot!
Simple Banana Protein Shake Recipe
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Cut banana into chunks. Add to Magic Bullet and blend together with the protein powder and milk. That’s it!
Boost yourself into a great day!
Cherry and coconut… doesn’t your mouth start to water just thinking about that combination? This smoothie is a refreshing and unique blend of the two foods, balancing out the strong cherry flavor with both coconut milk and coconut flakes, along with a splash of vanilla yogurt for some added texture and taste.
Cherry Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together in your Magic Bullet.
- If you’re like me and crave coconut flavoring with just about everything, add more coconut flakes on top!
Breakfast or dessert – you’ll feel good making this for either!
During the Winter months, my kids come home from school with all the germs that are going around the school. I’ve noticed that if my family is eating the right nutrients, we get over the colds much quicker, and sometimes don’t even catch the colds! Smoothies have always been a lifesaver, because sometimes when you don’t feel good, you don’t always feel like eating. This is a quick and easy smoothie that has all the right cold fighting ingredients, while getting something in your body to fight whatever is going on!
Cold Buster Creamsicle Green Smoothie
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- ½ – 1 c. non dairy milk, or milk of choice (coconut taste great!)
- ½ c. frozen spinach, or 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tb. honey
- ½ c. mango or ½ c. pineapple
- 1 small frozen banana
- Add all ingredients to the Magic Bullet Blender.
- Blend until creamy, pour into a glass, then drink immediately.
Acai is one of the most popular smoothie choices right now, and I love that it’s so easy to make at home without paying an arm and a leg! My kids love the vibrant color that the smoothie makes, and I love all of the antioxidants that come with it. Just blend it up until creamy, and for added flavor and texture, top with your favorite toppings! Granola, chocolate chips, fruit, and a drizzle of honey are just some of my favorites!
Acai Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 acai smoothie pack
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Optional toppings: honey, granola, chocolate chips, fruit
- Add all ingredients into the Magic Bullet Blender.
- Blend until creamy, then pour into a glass or bowl. Top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
Here’s something to reward yourself with after [insert reason you deserve a treat]. This recipe pairs the natural sweetness from a handful of dates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, milk, and a touch of nutmeg to create the perfect milkshake. You’ll be begging your local diner to add to the menu.
Date Shake Recipe
- 5 to 7 dates
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- A touch of nutmeg
- Chop dates into smaller halves and combine with all remaining ingredients in Magic Bullet.
- Blend until smooth.
Trust me, you’ll forget the words “chocolate swirl” after trying this.
Come fall, I am totally ready to embrace all things that go with the season! Pumpkin begins to slowly creep back into my life and I get so excited at the sight of everything pumpkin in the grocery stores. Unfortunately, the first day of fall is not always the cool sweater weather I am expecting, especially living in the desert! So this smoothie is a combination of the fall flavors with the summer weather.
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Handful of ice
- Add all ingredients to your Magic Bullet blender.
- Blend until creamy. You can add additional milk by the tablespoon if it’s too thick.
- Drink immediately and enjoy!
Looking for a healthy smoothie bowl to get your morning off to a good start? Try this wild blueberry smoothie bowl, which has frozen organic wild blueberries, banana, a splash of organic grape juice, flaxseed meal and plain Greek yogurt. Get creative with your toppings. Some of my favorite smoothie bowl toppings include oats, shredded coconut, and fresh banana slices.
Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 banana, chopped and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic grape juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- Shredded coconut, oats and fresh banana slices for topping
- Add all ingredients to a Magic Bullet cup and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a bowl and top with shredded coconut, oats, banana slices or other toppings.
Makes 1 smoothie bowl
Cantaloupe doesn’t get enough love. It’s in season now and it’s a delightfully sweet fruit that can highlight any meal or snack. It’s often the last thing eaten in a fruit salad, but I’ll never understand why. I would eat ripe cantaloupe all day if it were socially acceptable…
But alas, for those of you who might skip on this summertime melon, I give you a delicious option that’ll help you get your daily dose of cantaloupe: a smoothie!
Now, with the help of your trusty Magic Bullet and little else, cantaloupe can be turned into a delicious smoothie that you’ll find yourself making over and over again.
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop cantaloupe and combine in your Magic Bullet with lime juice, water, ice and sugar. That’s it!
You’ll never look at cantaloupe the same way!