Cauliflower is a magical food. It can be served raw, cooked, as an appetizer or, in this case, as the foundation of a hearty supper. Here we’re using the Magic Bullet to blend cooked cauliflower, and combining it with spinach and sautéed onions into a tasty cheesy casserole.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cream
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
1) Chop cauliflower into small florets and boil for approximately 10 minutes.
2) While cauliflower is boiling, chop onion and begin to sauté in a frying pan with some oil.
3) Blend cauliflower with butter, cream and a pinch of salt and pepper in Magic Bullet into puree. You’ll most likely need to do this in two batches: one half of cauliflower florets; 1/2 Tbsp butter; 1 Tbsp cream.
4) Once onions have begun to brown, sauté with spinach, nutmeg and cloves.
5) Mix together cauliflower puree with sautéed veggies and mozzarella cheese in mixing bowl.
6) Place mixture in iron skillet and cover with additional mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese has browned.
So delicious you’ll be kicking yourself for not making this sooner!