This chicken dish is incredibly flavorful, thanks to a slice of prosciutto, spinach and goat cheese wrapped up inside. As the chicken cooks in broth, the flavor of the prosciutto coats each chicken breast. After cooking, the broth you use to cook the chicken in the skillet can be used as a flavorful lemon sauce. You can add a little flour to thicken it up, or leave it alone. Serve the chicken rolls with a side of rice or couscous and a side salad to make a complete, healthy dinner.
Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts, and set on a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, goat cheese and nutmeg to a Magic Bullet cup and blend until creamy.
- Add a slice of prosciutto on top of each chicken breast, then spread 1/3 of the spinach mixture on each.
- Roll up each chicken breast and secure with 2-3 toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown each side of the chicken, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook the chicken for 12 minutes, turning over halfway, until the breasts are cooked through.
Makes 3 chicken rolls