Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies1
These days, there are many so-called healthy cookie recipes out there. This chocolate chip quinoa cookie recipe is one of my favorite healthy cookie recipes, because it still tastes like a satisfying dessert! It is made without butter, but instead creamy peanut butter and applesauce to give it a soft texture. Oats and quinoa give these cookies iron and protein. You won’t be disappointed! My whole family loves these.
Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a Magic Bullet pitcher and pulse a few times until the ingredients are combined. Add milk if needed, but not too much – the dough should be well formed and not runny.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop out tablespoons of dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake the cookies in the oven for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 cookies