Coconut Cream Strawberry Daiquiri0
This recipe is natural, decadent and delicious. A strawberry daiquiri on its own is a force to be reckoned with: a fresh strawberry smoothie with alcohol? Yes please! Combine that with slightly whipped coconut cream, though, and you’re in a different league of tasty.
With the Magic Bullet’s help, we’re not only blending the daiquiri, we’re creating powdered sugar and whipping our own coconut cream.
Coconut Cream Strawberry Daiquiri
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp rum
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Peach Vodka or Peach Schnapps
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar + 1 1/2 Tbsp water (to make about 1 1/2 Tbsp. of our own simple syrup)
Ingredients for Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar, powdered* or 2 Tbsp sugar, blended to powder
* Most recipes call for powdered sugar. Instead of buying an entire package, we’re going to use the Magic Bullet to powder plain sugar for us.
- First step is to make your own simple syrup. If you already have some, you can skip down to step 2. In order to make simple syrup, just combine 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar with 1 1/2 Tbsp water, heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved into the water.
- Now, let’s make our own whipped cream. Blend 2 Tbsp sugar in the Magic Bullet to powder.
- Scoop thick layer of coconut cream from the top of the can into the Magic Bullet. Discard the coconut water or save for other uses, and blend for 30 seconds. Then add vanilla and 1 Tbsp powdered sugar and blend for about 2 minutes (we don’t want it too creamy, so that the cream can mix well with our daiquiri).
- Chop strawberries into small chunks.
- Combine strawberries, ice, simple syrup, rum and vodka (or schnapps if you have it) in Magic Bullet and blend.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into your serving cup and top with the whipped coconut cream.
Garnish with cinnamon if you’d like and enjoy the decadence of this wonderful drink – you deserve it!