Creamy Corn Chowder0
Crumbled bacon and this hearty corn chowder is a match made in heaven. Sweet corn is blended together with potatoes and heavy cream to create a creamy chowder. Blend the entire batch of soup if you like it extra creamy, or leave some unblended if you want a little more texture to your chowder. Either way, you will love how creamy and filling this soup is and how easy it is to make. Serve this corn chowder as a side to your favorite BBQ menu, or as a main for a hearty lunch.
Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon for topping
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, thyme, potatoes, pepper, cream and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, then cool to room temperature.
- Blend the soup in a Magic Bullet blender until creamy, then add back to the pot.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Makes 6 servings