Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce0
Years ago, before I had children, I went through a vegan phase. Still to this day, I love my vegan and vegetarian dishes even though I don’t fully eat that way any more. I remember often craving creamy pasta dishes made with heavy cream and loads of parmesan cheese! This was a dish I’ve made for years to satisfy that craving. I’ve made it for many non-vegans as well, and they have all loved it! You won’t even notice there isn’t a drop of heavy cream! You can add parmesan cheese if you would like and even switch up the vegetable from sweet potato to butternut squash. Whichever way you make this, I guarantee you will love it!
Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 3 cup penne pasta
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and steamed
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tb. butter, or olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tb. fresh sage, plus more for topping
- Lots of pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Optional, ½ c. fresh parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. In the larger Magic Bullet Blender, add the sweet potato and vegetable broth. Puree until creamy and fully blended. Set aside.
- In a pan on low/medium heat add the butter and melt. Next add in the onions and garlic. Stir and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Next add in the sage and toss for 1 minutes.
- Pour in the blended sweet potato. Stir and then sprinkle in the spices. Adjust until desired taste has been reached. Top with extra chopped fresh sage and fresh parmesan.