Cucumber Avocado Soup0
Soups that are versatile are the best, because you can enjoy them all year long! This avocado cucumber soup tastes great warm or cold, so you can enjoy it during the cold, winter months, or during the hottest summer nights. Refreshing cucumbers are blended with flavors of garlic, lemon juice and creamy avocado to create a light, healthy soup that you can enjoy as a side or main dish.
This soup tastes perfect served plain, but add fun toppings to mix it up. My favorite toppings on this soup include sweet corn kernels and fresh chopped cilantro. If you like your soup on the spicy side, add a dash of red pepper at the end.
Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, cucumber, and chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the avocado and let the soup cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to your Magic Bullet cup and blend until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and chop with corn and fresh chopped cilantro.
Makes 2 servings.