Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Cupcakes0
I’ve been making these cupcakes a long time for my kiddos, and they just love them! They are just the right amount of sweetness where no frosting is needed! Sweet potato purees work just as well as banana purees, so if you have extra sweet potato after making these muffins, then save them and add them into your next banana bread recipe!
Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Cupcake Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup non dairy milk + 1 tsp. vinegar, mixed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Add sweet potatoes to a steamer basket, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Add potatoes to the Magic Bullet and blend until creamy. If needed, add a little cooking liquid to make the blending easier. Reserve 2 cups for this recipe.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, spices, salt, and baking powder and baking soda.
- In separate bowl add potatoes, milk, oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk together, then add dry ingredients and mix together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.