Easy Chicken Meatballs0
I love a good meatball, but I’ve always been a bit intimidated by the preparation process. First, you need an Italian grandmother, a chicken that lays fresh eggs, and years, even decades, of meatball-making wisdom. Well, needless to say, I didn’t have any of that. So, instead, I tested the waters and actually tried a recipe that sounded relatively simple. I was surprised — the recipe was easy to make, the meatballs were tasty, and they actually tasted better with time.
You can make them in a snap in your Magic Bullet. Enjoy them on their own, in a sub, or in a pasta dish of your choosing, and voila! The perfect, homemade meal.
This recipe also substitutes chicken for the classic ground beef to produce a healthier meatball. The chicken adds a nice consistency and flavor, as well!
Easy Chicken Meatballs
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken thighs, cooled
- 1/2 yellow or white onion
- 1 egg
- About 2 Tbsp fresh or dried rarsley
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 oz. parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly chop onions and blend in Magic Bullet with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Add chicken, egg, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to parsley, cheese and onion in Magic Bullet and blend.
- Roll mixture into balls and coat each in flour.
- Add meatballs to well-oiled frying pan over medium heat, turning frequently to cook evenly. Cook each for 10 to 15 minutes.
Throw these into some pasta with your favorite sauce and you’ve got yourself a heck of a meal!