Easy Mexican Rice0
Have you ever wanted to create your own Mexican style rice at home? I bet you didn’t realize how easy it can be to make it from scratch. All you need are a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry — to make a spicy version, you can also add in some chopped jalapeño. The secret is letting the rice absorb the seasoned tomato sauce while cooking, instead of stirring it into already cooked rice. Serve this Mexican rice as a side with your favorite Mexican dish!
Easy Mexican Rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the tomato sauce, water, garlic, cumin and chili powder to a Magic Bullet cup and blend.
- Add the olive oil and rice to a pot and turn on the heat to high.
- Pour the blended sauce over the rice, stir in the peas and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and top with fresh cilantro when ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.