I had no idea how easy homemade enchilada sauce was until I made some of my own. I had all of the ingredients on hand, and then made enough to make one batch of enchiladas and 2 full jars to freeze! I definitely felt very domesticated that day. 🙂 You could easily switch up the spices to incorporate different flavors, and use what you have on hand!
- 2 cans crushed or diced tomatoes
- 7oz can diced green chilies
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1½ Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. pure cane sugar
- In a sauce pan, add all of the ingredients and bring to a low simmer. Let cook for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Add all ingredients to your Magic Bullet blender and puree until smooth. (You can do this in batches.)
- Once cooled, store in the fridge in a covered container for 1 week, or freeze until ready to use.