Golden Beet Farfalle Pasta0
Have you ever seen golden beets? They’re a rare find, but I strongly prefer golden beets over red because they have a much more subtle flavor, but are still really healthy for you!
Recently, I discovered they go incredibly well in pastas. Bake them in the oven, peel them, chop them up and toss them together with steamed kale, pine nuts, bow tie pasta and a light alfredo sauce quickly whipped up in your Magic Bullet and you have yourself a deliciously healthy comfort dish.
Didn’t know healthy comfort dishes existed? Try this one, it’ll surely change your mind!
Golden Beet Farfalle
- 1 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 3 large golden beets
- 2 cups chopped, cooked kale
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Add the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, milk and garlic to your small Magic Bullet cup and blend. Set aside.
- Wrap the beets in foil and bake them in the oven at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Allow them to cool, then peel and cube them and toss into a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the kale, pine nuts and alfredo sauce to the mixing bowl and toss well.
- Serve warm and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.