Ham and Cheese Potato Gratin0
Potato gratin is a comfort dish everyone loves all year long. Potatoes, garlic, ham, and cheese…what is not to love about this ham and cheese potato gratin? You will be surprised how easy it is to prepare. Most of the time it is baking in the oven. The hardest part is waiting for it to be done!
First, you need to cook the garlic and shallots until tender. Then, to make a creamy sauce, add cream, salt, pepper and thyme and blend together in your Magic Bullet. Layer the thinly sliced potatoes with ham and sauce, bake, and at the end top with the cheeses and bake until melted and slightly browned.
To get the potatoes nice and thin, use a mandolin slicer. If you don’t have on, just take your time and slice them as thin as you can with a sharp knife.
Ham and Cheese Potato Gratin Recipe
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 package sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyére
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the garlic, shallot, cream, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and then add to a Magic Bullet cup and blend until smooth.
- Layer the potatoes, followed by the ham and cream sauce. Repeat.
- Bake in the oven covered with foil for 50 minutes, then top with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
Makes 1 9 x 13-inch pan