Healthy Banana Bread0
Do you know what the best use of old bananas is? Banana bread, of course! This recipe uses some whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose flour for extra fiber and walnuts for healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It is perfectly moist and great for breakfast or snacktime! The Magic Bullet makes this recipe quick and easy – just load up the large blender cup with the ingredients and pulse until you get a nice chunky batter. I love banana bread served warm with a glass of milk – yum!
Healthy Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (can sub. sour cream)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 over-ripened bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add butter, applesauce (or sour cream), eggs, and vanilla to a Magic Bullet blender cup.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the blender cup, cover and pulse.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the milk and pulse until well blended.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and gently mix into the batter with a spoon.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Loosen with a knife and remove from the pan to finish cooling.
Makes 1 loaf