Light Avocado Ranch Dressing0
There are times when you want the tart flavor of a balsamic vinaigrette to dress your peppery arugula, and there are other times when you want a thick, rich salad dressing that doesn’t exactly scream health food. For the latter times, I present to you this avocado ranch dressing. It’s rich and delicious, but by using some sneaky ingredients it actually isn’t that heavy.
Avocados are having a little bit of a cultural moment (you can get them on any sandwich at Potbelly!) and this dressing takes full advantage of both their richness and flavor. I also use a bunch of lime as well as Greek yogurt to give it more tang and a bit of body, which you want to keep this more in the “modern take on ranch dressing” category and less in the “this is ranch dressing with an avocado blended into it” category.
I’d recommend serving over romaine or iceberg lettuce with some sliced cherry tomatoes and chopped red onion for an updated version of a steakhouse classic.
Light Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 5.3 oz package Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup skim milk, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Juice of half lime, plus more to taste
- Blend garlic clove in Magic Bullet until well pulverized.
- Add other ingredients and blend. Taste for salt and lime and add more milk as necessary to thin out into a dressing consistency.