Hello Magic Bullet Heads,
The other day, my mom taught me how to make the famous granola that she and my dad eat every morning for breakfast. My mom started making her own granola because, in her words, “the stuff at the store was getting too expensive and just stopped tasting good.” If you share a similar sentiment and have never tried making your own granola, then I highly recommend taking the plunge. Not only is this granola super easy to make, but it tastes delicious, way better than the store-bought kind. Great as breakfast cereal, great as an on-the-go snack; you can’t go wrong with my mama’s granola.
Magic Bullet Parts
- Magic Bullet tall cup with cross blades
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups any combination of the following – chopped walnuts, raw pecan pieces, raw slice almonds, dried cranberry fruit.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. Put parchment paper on baking sheet with sides.
- To tall cup, add maple syrup, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and vegetable oil.
- Pulse three or four times.
- Pour mixture into large bowl and fold in the dry ingredients. *I used a 4-cup combination of almonds, chopped walnuts and raw pecan pieces.
As my mom says, “There’s nothin’ like homemade.” My mom and I hope you enjoy so very much.