Mini Carrot Pancake Muffins0
They always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? But we all know how hard it is to make sure you eat breakfast, especially when you have to get the kids out the door early in the morning, while accomplishing everything else on that morning to do list! That’s why I love the idea of making breakfast ahead of time so that I can grab it and be out the door. These breakfast muffins are not only fast and easy to make, but they also have a secret vegetable hidden inside! Talk about being a super parent. And hey, you may even have time to actually put on some makeup before you head out the door!
Mini Carrot Pancake Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cup baby carrots
- 2 cup pancake mix, whole grain
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tb. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a steamer, cook carrots until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add carrots, and a few tsp. of water if needed to Magic Bullet blender. Puree carrots until smooth. Transfer to a bowl to cool. (You will need 1 CUP of puree for this recipe.)
- In a mixing bowl add all of your ingredients, including 1 cup of carrot puree.
- Whisk together until mixed.
- Prepare a mini muffin sheet by adding cupcake liners.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, add the batter to each muffin evenly. Lightly press a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until baked all the way through.
- Muffins can be frozen and heated in microwave for busy mornings. They can be eaten as is, or dipped in pure maple syrup for a pancake breakfast!