Preserved Lemon, Asparagus, and Ricotta Pasta0
Hey, here’s an easy, delicious, and healthy weeknight dinner that uses some sneaky, flavor-packed ingredients to amp up the taste with very little work. And it all gets made in one pot. I guess that’s not very much for a recipe… OK, that’s pretty awesome for a recipe if you want to know the truth.
If you don’t know preserved lemons, it’s time to work them into your repertoire. Tangy, funky, tart… they’re like the miso of citrus. Maybe not, but this is a delicious dish.
Preserved Lemon, Asparagus, and Ricotta Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb short pasta, any type
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced
- 1 preserved lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup ricotta (low-fat if you like)
- Olive oil
- Boil a pot of heavily salted water and add the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente, adding the asparagus for the final minute of cooking. Drain the pasta, reserving half a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, blend the garlic in the Magic Bullet.
- Add the asparagus to the pot with the garlic and a big glug of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook until garlic is very fragrant and asparagus is just beginning to brown, about three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Blend the lemon, ricotta, and some of the reserved pasta cooking water in the Magic Bullet.
- Add the pasta and the lemon-ricotta mixture to the pot with the asparagus. Stir everything over medium-low heat until everything comes together, adding more pasta cooking water as necessary to keep everything moist.