Roasted Tomato Basil Soup0
Lunch time is probably the hardest meal for a busy mama like myself. Scratch that, so is dinner. And breakfast. Okay, every meal is kind of tough. But lunch time is unique because during that time, I make my kids something different than I make myself. It’s kind of exciting because it’s a meal just for me, and I can make whatever I want without hearing that 3/5 people in the family don’t like it. Darn picky eaters! But let’s not forget that even though this meal is special, it still has to be quick and painless. When you’re in the middle of making 3 other lunches, wiping noses, kissing boo boos, and breaking up world war 3 over who had Barbie first, lunch must be quick. Also, delicious. That’s a must!
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 roma tomates, cut into chunks
- ½ small yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 5-6 basil leaves
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, add the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with the olive oil, and then sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, tossing the vegetables half way through. You can make the kids’ lunches while this bakes.
- Once done, add roasted vegetables plus basil leaves to the magic bullet blender. (Use the larger Pitcher Cup, if you have it.)
- Blend until creamy. You can add a little vegetable broth or milk to thin it out. Season if needed.
- Serve immediately, or heat up in a pot to eat.