Salmon, Farro, and Brussels Sprouts Salad0
Hello salad, my old friend.
I’ve come to enjoy you again.
Because as lately, I’ve been eating,
Foods that I should not be eating –
Pizza, mac n’ cheese,
Cheeseburgers, wings –
And yet the hunger deep inside my stomach
And so… I eat salad.
(With salmon and farro and Brussels sprouts, and a lemony vinaigrette.)
Salmon, Farro, and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 medium wild salmon filet, about 8 ounces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup farro
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp mustard (I used a mix of Dijon and spicy brown)
- Add a dash of olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat and add the brussels sprouts. Cook until beginning to brown, then remove to a bowl.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add more olive oil to the pan and add the salmon, skin side down. Cook until salmon skin will release from pan without any resistance, then flip the salmon over and cook few minutes more until the salmon is medium-rare on the inside.
- Meanwhile, boil the farro in two cups of salted water until cooked, about twenty minutes.
- In Magic Bullet, blend the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and the mustard.
- Add the farro, cucumbers and brussels sprouts to a bowl. Add the vinaigrette and stir everything around. Plate the salad, topping with salmon.