Santa’s Tree Bark by Scott0
It’s me Chef Scott from St. Petersburg Florida
It’s coming up on that Special time of year again… when eggnog and peppermint cloud our senses and better judgement. When the wafting smell of gingerbread baking and the wistfull tunes of some ancient Christmas Carol fill your ear buds…
I like making and baking gifts and treats for friends. Some of my recipes, while loved and requested fill me with dread. Too many ingredients, so long stirring a pot, too much time waiting for d’oh to rise… oy.
This candy isn’t like that at all. You do need to make it a day ahead of time, but time in the kitchen should be about 10 minutes. Maybe less. 10 minutes is a small price compared to the hours of accolades from all who try your tasty treats.
Here we go…
- Tall Cup
- Cross Blade
- a bowl and a spatula
- a foil or plastic wrap lined baking sheet
- 1 Bag of Ghiradelli 60% Cocoa Choclate Chips
- 15 (or more) Red and White Starlight Peppermint Candies
- Unwrap all those infernal candies. Place them in the Tall cup with the cross blade and wizz until you have dust.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (a largeish bowl set over a pot of simmering water) or you could also microwave it. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, Microwave at 15 second bursts and stir between each time.
- Add Most of the peppermint dust to the chocolate and stir together. Reserve some of the dust for decoration.
- Pour Chocolate mixture onto lined sheet pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour or less.
- Break into pieces and give to a friend, or snarf it down your own self.
I put out a sort of lavish spread for some friends the other day with pie, and cookies ,and pretzles, and some of this Peppermint Bark. Bark was GONE first before pie even got cut.
Huge Success! No Muss no Fuss…
I can hear the jingle bells! Rock!!
Till next time,
Sending my warmest candy coated regards…