Spicy Chipotle Adobo Sauce on Black Bean Tacos0
My husband’s favorite food has always been tacos, and sometimes it’s hard to switch up the flavors on something that wows him!
Luckily, I know he loves spice, especially the kind that wakes him up! 😉 This sauce has been made repeatedly and added to pretty much everything he eats. Quesadillas, tacos, sandwiches, burgers, dips for French fries, you name it! If you have a spice-lover in your life, this sauce has their name written all over it!
Give it a try on these super easy-t0-make tacos that won’t take you very long at all, and use the leftover sauce on your favorite dish.
Spicy Chipotle Adobo Sauce on Black Bean Tacos
For the Sauce
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or 1 for less spice
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce, or ½ tsp. for less spice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ lime
For the Tacos
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- chopped lettuce
- In your Magic Bullet, add the yogurt, peppers, lime zest, lime juice, and adobo sauce. Blend until pureed. Add to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add your olive oil, onions, and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes, then add your black beans and spices. Cook until the beans are heated through.
- Assemble your tacos with lettuce, cilantro, beans, and adobo sauce. Squeeze some lime juice on top and enjoy!