Sweet Potato Beet Avocado Sandwich0
No need to spend a lot of money eating a fancy vegan sandwich at your favorite restaurant when you can easily (and cheaply) make them right at home with your Magic Bullet! All you need to make your own delicious, healthy vegan sandwich at home is a few slices of your favorite sandwich bread, an avocado, sweet potato, a few beets, a cucumber, hummus, olive oil, cumin and curry powder. I have not seen curried hummus at the grocery store, but with the Magic Bullet it is easy to make it at home using plain hummus and some spices. Would you add anything else?
- 4 slices of wheat bread
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 4 small cooked beets, thinly sliced
- 1 cooked sweet potato, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup plain hummus
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add the hummus, curry powder, cumin and olive oil to a small Magic Bullet cup and blend.
- Put together the sandwiches by starting with the mashed avocado on one slice, followed by the sweet potato, cucumber, beets, and then spread the hummus on the other slice before closing.
Makes 2 sandwiches