Swiss Chard, Mushroom, and Ricotta Galette0
Galettes are incredibly easy to make while looking oh-so-fancy, my favorite kind of meal! In this savory galette, I use swiss chard, onion and mushrooms on top of ricotta cheese blended with herbs and lemon. The crust is made with whole wheat flour, and after rolling it out you don’t need to worry about making it look pretty. That is why it is a galette! After folding the edges up into the filling, just put it in the oven to bake and serve warm.
Swiss Chard, Mushroom, and Ricotta Galette Recipe
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cold water (more if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the butter, flour and salt to a stand mixer and mix until crumbly. Add the water until you are able to form the dough in a ball in your hands (should not be wet and mushy though!). Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the oil to a skillet and sauté the chard, mushrooms and onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the top.
- Add the ricotta, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and herbs to a Magic Bullet cup and blend.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle (doesn’t need to be perfect) and spread the cheese mixture on top.
- Top with the vegetables and fold the edges of the crust in towards the filling.
- Brush the edges of the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes one 9-inch galette