Tandoori Yogurt Marinade1
I eat a lot of chicken. Chicken breast. Chicken thighs. Chicken drumsticks. Chicken chicken chicken. Because it’s healthy and most of the time it’s affordable. But it can feel a little like Bubba from Forrest Gump and here is where Dinner: A Love Story‘s variations of the yogurt marinade will save you from the boredom of blandly seasoned chicken breast.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (no need to chop since it’s going in the blender)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (McCormick now sells this — it’s an Indian spice blend that’s kind of sweet)
- 1 2-inch piece ginger
- juice of one lime
- Add all the above ingredients into your Magic Bullet and blend!
- Pour the marinade over your chicken and let it sit for however long you can wait before you start dinner. I usually do this in the morning or the day before so it gets a good soak. But you could do it right when you get home, then watch TV for an hour or clean or take a shower, and then grill your chicken up.
- Plate with your favorite sides and enjoy!
I’m a white rice kind of girl. Brown rice just has never grown on me! Health food blasphemy, I know. BUT – I had it with salad, so they cancel each other out, right?)