Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes0
If you like sweet potatoes, you’re in for a treat, my friend!
These lovely sweet potatoes are baked twice. Why? First to cook the filling, which is then blended together with milk, butter, and spices in the Magic Bullet and then stuffed back into the sweet potato shell and baked again. Oh, and don’t forget the sweet pecan topping, which bakes to perfection during the second baking session. I would almost consider these twice-baked sweet potatoes a dessert, but they also make a healthy side dish to almost any meal you can have.
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Handful chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a fork easily pierces through.
- Cool to touch, then slice off the top third of each potato and scoop out most of the filling (leaving some to keep the shell stable) into your Magic Bullet cup.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, butter, and milk and blend.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato shells and sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 more minutes.
Makes 2 sweet potatoes.