Vegan Coconut Chip Ice Cream0
During the summer all my family wants are ice cold treats, especially ice cream! It’s easy to buy your favorite ice cream and stock up your freezer for when a craving calls! But, as a mom of 3 active girls, sometimes the summer days can be long and there is always an activity needed to be done. Making ice cream has become one of our favorite things to do together! We can use whatever ingredients we have on hand, and we have fun coming up with flavors! I also don’t feel bad because I know the ingredients we use are wholesome and not over-processed! I definitely win at being a mom during those times 😉
- 2 cans coconut milk (full fat or light)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips, or regular chopped dark chocolate
- Using your Magic Bullet, add coconut milk, syrup, and ½ cup of the chocolate into the larger cup. (If using the smaller sizes just divide the ingredients and blend.)
- Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add your chocolate chips to the mixture, and pour the mix into an ice cream machine. Make ice cream based on your machines directions. You can get a great ice cream machine for under $30 right here.
- Eat immediately after ice cream is done, or let is set in the freezer. If it’s frozen solid, which is will, let it sit out for 10-15 minutes and it will be ready to eat and scoop!